Top: Email Services
: POP3 Email Account
How do I set up my POP3 email in Outlook or other email clients?
Here are the general instructions for POP3 email account configuration. For detailed instructions on a specific email program, please visit our POP3 guides at http://www.directnic.com/reference/. We have instructions with graphic illustration (screen shots) for several email programs, including Outlook, Outlook Express, Netscape Messenger, Eudora, and Pegasus Mail.
General Configuration Steps:
1. Start your email program.
2. Find the Options/Accounts menu where you can input a new account. Look for key words such as your incoming/POP3 Server or outgoing/SMTP Server.
3. Go through the steps to add a new account to your email program, so that whenever you check mail using this email program it will check your Directnic POP3 email account.
4. When you are asked to enter specific information regarding your new account, use the following as a reference:
a). Your Name: Enter your name as you'd like it to appear in the "From" field on your emails.
b). In the "reply to" area of your Email client, you must list your Directnic POP3 address in the "Reply to" box in order to get Authentication from the SMTP servers.
c). User name/Account Name/Subdomain/Alias: Enter the whole email address (email@example.com)
d). Email address: Enter your Directnic POP3 email address .
e). Incoming/POP3 Server name: pop.directnic.com
f). Outgoing/SMTP Server name: pop.directnic.com
g). Password: Enter your Directnic POP3 account password.
For outgoing server information, some ISPs may require you to use their SMTP server. In that case, you should contact your ISP to obtain the SMTP server name as well as your username and password with them.
Most servers require outgoing server authentication. Please check the option "my outgoing server requires authentication" under the outgoing server tab. If you are using Directnic outgoing server, choose the option "use the same login as my incoming server." If you are using your local ISP's outgoing server, select to use their login. You may need to select "log on to incoming server before Sending mail" setting if you experience the "553 sorry, the sender name and auth login doesn't coincide (#5.7.1)" error.
5. If you are unsure about what to enter in a specific field within your email program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your email program name, your domain name, and the areas that you are unsure about so that we can help you solve the problem.
Can I choose to leave mail on server?
Not finding what you need? Suggest a Question for the FAQ