YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
We've got answers.
Find the answers you need to commonly asked questions.
How do I set up my e-mail in Outlook 2010?
For a quick guide to setting up your e-mail account, click here . Need a bit more help? Never fear, we’ve got you covered! Read on for a step-by-step guide (with screenshots!) on setting up your Directnic Email account in Outlook 2010.
- Click on File in the upper left corner of the tool bar. On the page that appears, select “Add Account”
- This will launch the Account Setup wizard. Select “Manually configure server settings or additional server types and select Next.
- Select Internet E-mail and click Next
- Fill out the fields with your E-mail account information:
Incoming and Outgoing Server Name: mail.yourdomain.com OR webXXX.dnchosting.com, replacing the XXX with the server that your mail is being hosted on. To find this information, log in to your Directnic Account Dashboard, navigate to My Services, select Hosting and click on the domain name that you are looking to check the server name for. These can be used interchangeably. The same server name will be used for both incoming and outgoing server names.
Account Type: Directnic Hosting and Email plans support both POP and IMAP connections for incoming mail.
Username: Your complete e-mail address
Password: The password you created when you created the Email Account. Please note that this is not necessarily the same as your Directnic Dashboard or Directnic Hosting Console password.
Secure Password Authentication (SPA): SPA should remain unchecked.
- Select More Settings
- Select Outgoing Server. Make sure My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server are both selected
- Select Advanced tab. Set your port number and encrypted connection preferences as follows:
Port Numbers: Incoming (POP): 110, Incoming (IMAP): 143, Outgoing (SMTP): 25 or 26SSL should be set to “off” and authentication to “password” if prompted.
- When you are done, click OK
- You will be brought back to the Internet Email Settings page. Select Next to run a test on the connection:
- If everything completed successfully click Close and Finish to return to Outlook. Congratulations! You can start using your new e-mail account right away!
- If there are errors during the test, please review your information to make sure that there are no typos in your account settings and that all of the steps were completed successfully. If you are still encountering errors, please feel free to contact Customer Support for more information. The most up to date contact information can be found here.
Not finding what you need? Suggest a Question for the FAQ
Directnic FAQ Feedback
Please select the topic and type your suggestion in the "Suggestion" field. When you are finished, click the "Submit" button. Suggestions are sent to our editing staff. If you need to contact our support staff, please use the Trouble Ticket System.
Suggestions can not be replied to. Questions regarding your account should be submitted to Directnic customer support via a Trouble Ticket. If you need an answer to your inquiry, please submit a Trouble Ticket to our support staff.