YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
We've got answers.
Find the answers you need to commonly asked questions.
How do I set up two-factor authentication?
Two-Factor Authentication is a tool offered by Directnic to ensure the highest level of security for your Directnic account. In addition to the associated password, accounts using two-factor authentication will need to have a unique token or key in order to log in.
We offer two different brands of Two-Factor Authentication: Google Authenticator and YubiKey. To activate this service, log in to your Directnic account and go to Settings > Security Settings > Two Factor Authentication or go directly to this link: https://directnic.com/my/profile/security.
Here are the instructions for using them:
- Download the Google Authenticator app onto your Smartphone or tablet device and install it. Here are the links:
Apple/iOS device: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-authenticator/id388497605
- Click the “+” button at the bottom left of the screen to add your account.
- Add a Token.
- Scan the QR code below OR log into your Directnic account, point to the “Settings” tab and click “Security Settings”, click “Two Factor Authentication” on the left, then click the “Enable Two Factor Auth” button below “Google Authenticator” and type in the account and Secret Key that comes up.
- Select the timer-based Token.
Using the App: When logging into Directnic, you will be asked for the code. Open the app on your mobile device and enter the six digit code that the app shows.
- Purchase a YubiKey here: https://store.yubico.com/store/catalog/index.php?cPath=2
- YubiKey should already be configured for “Yubico OTP” but if you need to configure it back that way, follow these instructions: https://www.yubico.com/products/services-software/personalization-tools/use/
- Plug in the YubiKey and open up the “Personalization Tool”.
- Click on “Yubico OTP” at the top left.
- Click “Quick”.
- Under the “Configuration Slot” header at the top of the page, choose “Configuration Slot 1” .
- Click on “Write Configuration” to set the new configuration.
- Click on “Upload to Yubico” to update your new configuration with Yubico.
Using the Key:
- Insert your YubiKey into your computer’s USB port
- Click in the YubiKey field, and touch the YubiKey button.
Not finding what you need? Suggest a Question for the FAQ
Directnic FAQ Feedback
Please select the topic and type your suggestion in the "Suggestion" field. When you are finished, click the "Submit" button. Suggestions are sent to our editing staff. If you need to contact our support staff, please use the Trouble Ticket System.
Suggestions can not be replied to. Questions regarding your account should be submitted to Directnic customer support via a Trouble Ticket. If you need an answer to your inquiry, please submit a Trouble Ticket to our support staff.