YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
We've got answers.
Find the answers you need to commonly asked questions.
Where do I create an A/MX/TXT/SRV record?
In order to manage your domain name’s DNS records, simply follow these steps:
- Log in to your secure Directnic Dashboard
- Hover over the “My Services” section of the navigation bar
- From the drop down menu select “Domains”
- Click on the domain name that you wish to manage the DNS records for
- Verify under the “Details” section that the domain name is on our default nameservers:
If the domain name is set to these nameservers, continue to step 6. If the domain is not on these nameservers, please see the section below for more information on updating your nameservers.
- Under the “Services” section, select the “Manage” button to the right of DNS
- In the “Create a DNS Record” field, select your record type, the name you are specifying the record for, and the data provided by your hosting provider.
- Select “Add Record” to add the DNS record to your zone file.
If your domain name is not set to the Directnic default nameservers, you will need to update the nameservers. Please note that when you update your nameservers, any existing hosting records set on your current nameservers will need to be re-set up through Directnic via the DNS manager.
To modify name servers for your domain name, follow these instructions:
1. Log in to your Directnic Dashboard
2. Go to the “My Services” tab in the navigation bar, click on "Domains" in the drop-down menu
3. Click on the domain name you wish to update
4. In the "Details" section click the "Edit" link next to Name Servers
5. Select “Directnic Defaults” from thet name server profile drop-down menu and click the "Submit" button
Please note it can take 24-48 hours for the nameserver change to propgate out worldwide.
Not finding what you need? Suggest a Question for the FAQ
Directnic FAQ Feedback
Please select the topic and type your suggestion in the "Suggestion" field. When you are finished, click the "Submit" button. Suggestions are sent to our editing staff. If you need to contact our support staff, please use the Trouble Ticket System.
Suggestions can not be replied to. Questions regarding your account should be submitted to Directnic customer support via a Trouble Ticket. If you need an answer to your inquiry, please submit a Trouble Ticket to our support staff.